Infuse your morning cup of coffee with the spices and flavors of the season with our Gingerbread Spice Pour-Over Coffee Recipe.
This recipe is simple and will give you fuel to conquer your to-do list for the day with an extra boost from MCT Oil Powder. Research is showing that these fatty acids are fantastically good for us. They have a unique chemical structure that seems to support metabolism and produce ketones, which provide healthy energy and fuel for the brain.
- 2 scoops of coarsely ground coffee
- 1 scoop of Nested Naturals MCT Oil Powder
- 1/8 tsp of ground cinnamon
- 1/8 ground ginger
- 1/8 ground cloves
- 1/8 ground nutmeg
- As water boils, add coffee and spices to a small bowl and mix together.
- Add one scoop of MCT Oil Powder to coffee mug. Then add a splash of boiling water and mix MCT Oil Powder until completely dissolved.
- Add coffee filter to dripper and wet filter with hot water over the sink. Doing this will prevent the filter from giving the coffee a paper taste.
- Once filter has drained of water, add coffee mixture with spices and place dripper with filter on coffee mug.
- Add just enough water to cover the coffee grounds so the coffee can "bloom." Then wait 45 seconds. This step lets gas escape from the coffee to help improve the flavor.
- After 45 seconds have passed, start pouring the remaining hot water over the coffee in small circles. Try pouring slowly enough that the coffee grounds never go dry.
- Once brewed, removed filter and enjoy! Insider Tips: For a little extra sweetness add honey or vegan eggnog.