Wheatgrass has been referred to as “nature’s finest medicine.”
Maybe that’s because just two ounces of the juice has the nutritional equivalent of five pounds of vegetables, or that it’s higher in Vitamin C than oranges, or that it contains twice the amount of Vitamin A as carrots.
This super powerful superfood also contains B vitamins, magnesium, calcium, phosphorus, and acts as a complete source of protein. Wheatgrass supplies our bodies with a seriously therapeutic dose of vitamins, antioxidants, and phytonutrients all the while detoxifying the liver and blood.
Knowing this, you’ll be backflipping when you find out how easy it is to grow a tray of your own!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- a pack of wheatgrass berries (available at most health food stores)
- a strainer
- a mason jar
- cheese cloth, mesh or screen
- a tray
Here’s How to Do It:
- Pour your wheatgrass berries into the strainer and rinse under the tap
- Put the rinsed wheatgrass berries into the mason jar and fill with water
- Screw on the top with the mesh covering of your choice
- Let sit overnight in a dark area
- In the morning you should see your berries have grown a little (and sprouted!)
- Rinse gently and return to dark area for 12 hours
- Your berries are now ready to hit the tray and start growing!
- Spread them as evenly as possibly on your tray of choice and rinse once daily for 5-8 days until your wheatgrass reaches your desired height.
*Some growers prefer to use a tray with small holes cut into the bottom to help with rinsing.
**Need a visual? Here’s a great YouTube demonstration.